Wednesday 15 February 2012

Playing with Distress Inks







Today I thought I'd share a few cards I made whilst playing with my distress inks. A few months ago in the Craft Stamper magazine (Nov 2011) there was a fabulous article by Jo Capper Sandon creating backgrounds using DI's & a plastic food bag, the samples were just so amazing I had to give it a go myself!!.....My cards aren't remotely at all like Jo's brilliant cards, but I had a great time experimenting & creating a few cards! Hope you likee :D

This technique is so simple but very effect, as it gives the card a textured look, whilst the images are stamped directly onto white card stock. I also created a piece of background A4 size paper which I chopped up & used as a border, which I thought was very effective too!!!

In the above card I've just used a small border & a Penny Black stickeroo & greetings peel off for a quick & easy card. Hope you like my cards & why not give it a try yourself as it's so simple to do & so effective, not to mention fun & addictive!!! Watch out for more of this style cards!!

Thanks for dropping by, please leave a comment as I love to know what you think :D
Happy Crafting!!!

Ann xx

7 comments:

  1. Hey Ann, lovely to see some of your fabulous creations

    Hope you are feeling okay

    Sam xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of cutting it into strips Ann :)
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Ann, really love that one with the butterfly on....and what a brilliant idea to use just a section of it as a border...I saw that in Craft Stamper too. Get some great inspiration from there don't you.
    Hope all is well with you.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, they are all nice, but the one with the border really stole my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like the colours in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are beautiful Ann, great technique! Good to see you back crafting, hope all is well after your op
    Alison xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I appreciate your feedback & look forward to your next visit!!

Ann :D